Current Job Vacancies at APIN Public Health initiatives
APIN Public Health initiatives (APIN), is a non-governmental donor funded organization, dedicated to the prevention, care and treatment of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria. APIN provides technical support, evaluations, capacity building and systems strengthening, in different program areas in the Nigerian health sector.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Locations: Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo
Duration: One year (fixed term) contract
Reporting Relationship: reports to the Program Manager based in Abuja
- Conduct a baseline assessment of state primary health care services, provide technical assistance for program development, in health systems strengthening and develop strategies to strengthen the uptake of available health services in the state.
- Provide technical assistance and support in the focal areas of the SOML initiative, to help develop and implement corrective measures, to improve state achievements, including strengthening the quality, awareness and reach of the maternal and child health weeks in the state.
- Analyze data in key vertical programs of the FMOH, step down successes achieved to state level and assist states to use evidence generated, as a basis for decision making, in improving key health indicators.
- Increase utilization and quality of maternal and child health interventions through private sector innovation.
- Provide technical expertise to analyze weaknesses in the primary health care delivery, including availability of financial resources and development of appropriate action plans.
- Conduct a training needs assessment. Develop and implement a training program for staff of the state MOH, aimed at building the capacity of state and local officials to successfully implement interventions prioritized under the SOML program.
- Provide technical assistance to states to set up a program management unit and implement a performance management system in its primary health sector, ensuring the regular and timely compilation and submission of quarterly reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Medical degree from a reputable university, with a current Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) practicing license.
- An MPH or master’s degree in Public Health or related qualifications, including additional knowledge or short courses in any of the focal areas of the SOML initiative.
- In depth knowledge of the Nigerian health system. Previous experience working at state level, especially in any of the designated states will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of six years’ working experience in the Nigerian public health sector, which includes, two years programming experience in at least two of the focal areas of the SOML initiative e.g. HIV/AIDS, malaria, Sexual and reproductive health, polio eradication, immunization, maternal and child health, nutrition and health.
- Experience facilitating training and capacity building in the health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, identify gaps in and strengthen health programs, with demonstrated ability to develop and implement action plans, including capacity building and facilitation of training in the health sector.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, data management and problem solving skills. Working knowledge of software for data analysis e.g. STATA, Epi info, SPSS etc. will be an added advantage.
- Ability to prepare high quality reports, within deadlines, with excellent speaking and presentation skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their suitability statement and Curriculum Vitae as a single MS Word document using their full name as the file name to: email@example.com The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for e.g. State Program Officer-Enugu.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- APIN is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates who are qualified, are particularly encouraged to apply.