Accounting Officer Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of t he Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT), seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) is a program initiated by the African Development Bank (AfDB) as part of its Feed Africa Initiative. The main objective of the program is to improve the business of agriculture across Africa by raising agricultural productivity, mitigating risks and promoting diversification and processing in 18 agricultural value chains within 8 Priority Intervention Areas. The program will be implemented by IITA in close collaboration with other CGIAR Centers, FARA, AGRA, national agricultural research and extension systems and private sector partners. It will involve close partnership between the AfDB and other developmental partners such as the World Bank, BMGF, USAID and others.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare payment, petty cash payment, journals and other vouchers etc. and ensure that these are posted into general and other account ledgers;
- Provide bank reconciliation status on the relationship between the program and its commercial banks;
- Maintain advances and asset registers and keep store accounts books to provide control to program store;
- Prepare statements of expenditures (SOE) as required by the donors for justification of advances, direct payments and replenishment of special accounts;
- Monitor the processing of program cash/travel advances, expense claims and reimbursements by program staff;
- Track and monitor program expenditures and assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly program financial reports for submission to the bank;
- Work with other team members and contributing to the preparation of funding proposals and annual technical reports;
- Carry out any other activities assigned by the Procurement Specialist or the Head of the Project Management Unit.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting, Business Management or related field. ACA or other relevant professional qualification with minimum experience of 5 years’ performing similar functions in a structured organization.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications. Good knowledge of Oracle Applications will be an added advantage.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate, monitor own work plans, including meeting of set deadlines.
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workloads; take initiatives and work under pressure
- Proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.