Procurement Officer Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) on behalf of t he Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT), seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
The Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) is a program initiated by the African Development Bank (AfDB) as part of its Feed Africa Initiative. The main objective of the program is to improve the business of agriculture across Africa by raising agricultural productivity, mitigating risks and promoting diversification and processing in 18 agricultural value chains within 8 Priority Intervention Areas. The program will be implemented by IITA in close collaboration with other CGIAR Centers, FARA, AGRA, national agricultural research and extension systems and private sector partners. It will involve close partnership between the AfDB and other developmental partners such as the World Bank, BMGF, USAID and others.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the Procurement Specialist in the implementation of procurement procedures for the program in accordance with AfDB and CGIAR requirements, as applicable;
- Prepare a Program Procurement Plan that includes the focus value chains and Enablers, in close consultation with Value chain and Enabler leaders;
- Prepare and update the Value chains’ annual procurement plans to be included in the program’s quarterly and annual Work Plans and Budgets;
- Prepare relevant inputs to standard bidding documents, such as TORs, specifications and Bills of Quantities;
- Participates in the bidding/tendering processes for the procurement of works, goods and services following AfDB and CG Procurement Rules and Procedures as applicable;
- Collate all program Technical quarterly and annual reports from the different value chains and Enablers for review and submission to the Bank;
- Assist with the organization of program management meetings and AfDB supervision missions, including the preparation of all materials required for such meetings;
- Prepare all procurement records to facilitate post-procurement reviews during supervision missions;
- Keep and maintain up-to-date procurement records in line with AfDB requirements;
- Carry out any other activities assigned by the Procurement Specialist or the Head of the Project Management Unit.
- Master’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or related field, CIPSM,ACA or other relevant professional qualification is an added advantage with minimum experience of 5 years’ performing similar functions in a structured organization.
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate, monitor own work plans, including meeting of set deadlines.
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office is essential.
- Excellent team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of AfDB or CGIAR procurement rules and procedures will be added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.