Communication Assistant Job at the Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa
Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007. HIFASS was primarily established as a continued effort of the Nigeria Ministry of Defence Health services to provide strategic manpower needs of the Military health facilities so as to meet the health needs of Military personnel, their families and the population around military health facilities, especially for the control of HIV epidemic and other related diseases
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Assistant
Location: Cross River
Reports To: Project Manager
Field Operations Job Type: 6 months
- Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
- The Protection and Assistance to the Cameroonian Refugees is a UNHCR project aimed at providing quality services for health care, nutrition and WASH intervention in some LGAs in Cross River and Benue state.
- Therefore, we seeks professionals who will ensure beneficiaries are safe, healthy and empowered for improved health outcomes and resilience.
Purpose of Position
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager, the communication assistant supports the section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in reporting and maintaining the integrity of data and information.
Support to Programme Development, Planning and Execution:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Support in coordinating online activities to increase reach and engagement.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Develop high quality donor marketing, cultivation and stewardship materials including but not limited to programme brochures, presentations, programme narrative and financial progress reports, concept notes as well as funding proposals;
- Contribute to the design and layout of Information, Educational and Communication (IEC) materials including but not limited to campaign websites and online giving portals, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards, CD/DVD packaging etc.;
Support in Knowledge Management and Capacity Building:
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic meetings.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring.
- Support in resource mobilization
Requirements, Qualifications & Experience
- A University degree in Communications, Mass Communication, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience, including of web editing, social media, and other online communications. Experience in working with an international environment, preferably with human rights and/or non-profit organizations.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong commitment to human rights values.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in an organized and structured manner.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and under time pressure.
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French and/or Spanish desirable.
- Knowledge of graphic design including the use of editing and design software (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro or similar)
- Ability to travel to state offices.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) to “The Assistant Director, Human Resources (HIFASS)” via: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the “Title of the Position and choice of Location (Cross River State) ” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted applicant will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates.