Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Director of Finance & Administration for a USAID-funded program located in Juba, South Sudan. The program will provide technical assistance to the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) for the adoption and implementation of sound economic policies, regulations, improved public financial management, and the transparent and efficient management of petroleum resources.
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is a U.S. incorporated international development company providing technical assistance and training to improve health outcomes, governance and economic growth, as well as direct supply chain services. CA-USA is part of the Crown Agents international group, which works for the public and private sectors in more than 100 countries, as well as for international donors and development institutions. Crown Agents has over 1,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
The project will focus on fiscal affairs (budgeting, tax, procurement), monetary policy, central bank operations, oil management, investment policies and management. The GoSS institutions to be supported will be the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MoFEP), the Bank of Southern Sudan (BoSS), the Ministry of Energy and Minerals, amongst other key government institutions and agencies. Capacity-building will be an important feature throughout this new activity.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Director of Finance & Administration will lead and be responsible for the day to day operations of the Finance and Administration Department, ensuring that transparent procedures are followed for all expenditures and that adequate financial data and accurate reports are provided to support decision-making. This position reports to the Chief of Party and is based in Juba, South Sudan.
The successful candidate will have proven skills and experience in training and capacity building through mentorship, team-building and collaboration. Additionally, the candidate must have a proven track record in working effectively with and preferably leading multidisciplinary, multinational teams through excellent written and verbal communication, delegation, leadership, interpersonal and team -working skills.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of technical efforts and field activities by providing accounting, management and logistical support to facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- Conduct administrative, contractual operations and financial management systems according to USAID established regulations, standard operating procedures and good business practice.
- Establish and maintain transparent financial systems of the highest integrity.
- Evaluate the financial impact of management decisions, ensuring that USAID receives value for money and that all financial transactions undertaken are in line with USAID established guidelines.
- Design and prepare routine (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) financial reports for the management team.
- Identify and implement interventions that promote efficient utilization of available resources.
- Ensure that financial management systems are well maintained and remain up-to-date.
- Supervise administrative staff and provide management support to the technical team.
- Put in place systems for proper management of office assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree [LKO1] or higher in Business Management, Accounting, and Office Management.
- 8+ years of progressive experience in administrative positions with advanced financial management and training/mentorship.
- Experience with preparing and monitoring budgets in an international organization a must.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge in use of Microsoft applications specifically, Excel, Access and Word applications.
- Knowledge in use of quick books accounting package.
- Working knowledge of developing and interpreting standard financial reports (Balance sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow) and creation of journal entries.
- Experience with multilateral or bilateral donor programs, USAID preferred.
- Previous experience as a proactive manager, with a strong reputation for delivering measurable results with a significant emphasis on developing good, collaborative working relationships with the team, counterparts, implementing partners, international organizations, and/or donors.
- Knowledge of USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure.
- Legal ability to work in South Sudan.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a post conflict environment required.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.