Senior Advisor, Public Financial Management
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking a Senior Advisor, Public Financial Management for a USAID-funded program located in Juba, Southern Sudan. The program will provide technical assistance to the Government of South Sudan (GoSS) through the adoption and implementation of sound economic policies, laws, and improved public financial management.
Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is a U.S. incorporated international development company providing technical assistance and training to improve health outcomes, governance and economic growth, as well as direct supply chain services. CA-USA is part of the Crown Agents international group, which works for the public and private sectors in more than 100 countries, as well as for international donors and development institutions. Crown Agents has over 1,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
The project will focus on fiscal affairs (budgeting, tax, procurement), monetary policy, central bank operations, oil management, investment policies and management. The GoSS institutions to be supported will be the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MOFEP), the Bank of Southern Sudan (BoSS), the Ministry of Energy and Minerals, amongst other key government institutions and agencies. Capacity-building will be an important feature throughout this new activity.
The Senior Advisor, Public Financial Management will be responsible for leading a team of public financial management experts dedicated to building the capacity of the MOFEP of the GoSS. The Senior Advisor, Public Financial Management will be responsible for working with counterparts at the MOFEP, donors and other implementers to ensure that budget execution and accountability mechanisms are in place and working at the GoSS and state levels. This includes a system for the collection of non-oil revenue and taxes and a procurement system at both GoSS and state levels. This position reports to the Chief of Party and is based in Juba, South Sudan.
Specific responsibilities include assisting the MOFEP with the following:
▪ Implement the financial management information system (FMIS) at GoSS ministries and state-level
▪ Put in place a commitment-control and contract management system
▪ Pass an annual appropriation act at state level
▪ Approve relevant legal framework and put regulations in place
▪ Ensure that procurement agent is in place
▪ Deliver procurement training for core staff
▪ Establish implementing regulations / technical manuals
▪ Sourcing of non-oil private revenues
▪ Harmonize tax framework at GoSS and state-levels
▪ Support implementation of new taxation system
▪ Deliver tax framework training to core staff
▪ Masters’ Degree required, preferably in public financial management or other relevant discipline.
▪ Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in tax administration, including experience as senior level employee and/or advisor within a national-level tax administration.
▪ Experience contributing to design and development of tax administration business processes, including design and delivery of manuals, training, and supporting IT infrastructure.
▪ 5+ years’ experience in providing training/mentorship/capacity building in taxpayer services, tax audit, collections, accounting and other tax administration capacities.
▪ Experience with multilateral or bilateral donor programs, especially USAID.
▪ Previous experience as a proactive manager, with a strong reputation for delivering measurable results and significant emphasis on developing good collaborative working relationships with counterparts, other implementing partners and international organizations or donors.
▪ Experience in Africa or post-conflict environments preferred.
▪ Knowledge of USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure.
▪ Ability to work effectively in a post conflict environment.
To apply to this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line. Visit our website at www.crownagentsusa.com for more information about our company. No phone calls, faxes or walk-ins please. Crown Agents USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA and local labor law as applicable. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department at ADArequests@crownagents.com. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.