ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA recently started setting up operations in Nigeria, supporting IDPs of Boko Haram affected states. ZOA starts up operations from Maiduguri. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA’s programme.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Duration Position: 12 months renewable
Work-hours: Full time
- Your challenge is to develop and lead the emergency programme portfolio providing humanitarian assistance to the victims of the Boko Haram Insurgency
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Be part of the ZOA Nigeria leadership team
- Lead the project implementation team
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements in project implementation
- Oversee project design and implementation, to achieve project objectives within the agreed time and budget.
- Ensure good relations with Local community and local leadership
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Graduate level education, preferably Masters level
- Minimum 5 years experience in institutional project management
- Minimum 3 years experience in people management
- Food security project management
- Cash transfers modalities
- Emergency project management
- Institutional donor relations
- Project design
- Proposal writing
- Networking and Relationship building
- Leadership and management of people of different cultural background
- Data analysis
- Security management
- Passion to serve the poor
- Developing others to realize their potential
- Integrity, honesty, transparency
- Maiduguri is subject to restrictions due to the level of security
- This is a non-family duty station
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
- CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
- Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
- ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
- A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure.
- Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered.
- Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 16th April 2017