Job Title: Field Project Manager
- Project implementation
- Acting as MEDA’s representative in Nigeria
- Project compliance
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of project’s compliance with planning, monitoring, evaluation, performance and reporting
- Ensuring adherence to local legal requirements
- Management of field staff
- Overseeing the management of all field staff, including recruitment, selection, supervision and ongoing performance evaluations
- Ensuring daily management of the project and assuming full accountability of project results
- Ensuring project performance tracking
- Implementing security protocols
- Project financial management
- Maintaining strict budgetary adherence and monitoring
- Ensuring review and timely submission of regular financial reports
- Managing successful relationships with the Government of Nigeria, donor agencies, the business community and other stakeholders
- Managing successful relationships with Key Facilitating Partners; ensuring positive relationships are maintained and project targets are achieved.
- New business development
- Supporting, as time allows, the Senior Director’s new business development efforts in-country and regionally
- A minimum of ten years of senior level experience leading and managing complex, large scale, multi-million dollar economic and enterprise development initiatives (or similar private sector experience).
- Proven leadership abilities with a multiple field office environment and relationships with North American-based HQ specialists and management.
- Functional experience in marketing, business planning, business growth advisory service or related areas.
- Direct private sector experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, lead and facilitate collaborative processes.
- Experience in using commercial business development services (BDS) providers to upgrade farmer, entrepreneur and enterprise competencies.
- Prior work experience in Nigeria or comparable country context is preferred.
- University degree (ideally Master’s) in international development, business administration or related field.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith statement, values, mission and purpose.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth and women
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required. Working knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
- Strong understanding of: business/financial decision making in competitive market environments; inclusive subsector development and value chain development facilitation methods.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply