Job Title: Geo-Technical Engineer
- Perform geotechnical and geological engineering tasks including field investigations; logging of soil and rock;
- Perform field exploration, inspection, analysis; provide technical support with supervision of field staffs
- Perform field testing; use geotechnical and civil equipment and instrumentation
- Performance of geotechnical in-situ tests; coordination of laboratory testing; installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation; site characterization, engineering analyses (foundation, earthwork, slope stability, seepage, seismic), calculations and other infrastructure projects under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Interpret data and test results, perform geotechnical calculations, analyze data with civil/geotechnical software, and assist in drafting reports
- Perform engineering analyses, prepare technical memos,field and sections of reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Execution of field construction responsibilities
- May supervise subcontractors
- Follow company safety standards and site safety standards
- Prepare draft designs
- Prepare design drawings using computer aided design and drafting equipment.
- Prepare cost estimates, schedules and construction documents, monitor construction activities in the field.
- Work out of office on field assignments up to 50% of the time. Potential work on out of area temporary assignments.
- Conduct engineering or scientific calculations; design work, preliminary analysis, and layout
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering (Masters in Civil a plus) with Geotechnical emphasis.
- 1 to 3 years of related experience with engineering intern certification.
- P.E. strongly preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with technical analysis software, MS
- Strong fundamental knowledge of geologic and/or geotechnical engineering principles, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and engineering design. Working knowledge of numeric modeling and finite element analysis, seismic hazard assessments, seismic analysis and designs and proficiency with related geotechnical computer applications a plus.
- Willingness to travel on temporary assignments as needed.
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
- The primary role of the Site Quantity Surveyor is to provide appropriate support and guidance to the Site Project Manager for the effective management and administration of the Prime Contract and Subcontracts
- To report directly to the Site Project Manager .
- The Quantity Surveyor shall provide daily contract support to the Site Project Manager and other project team members.
- To Participate in all project meetings where the agenda relates to project status, progress, cost and schedule in order to be aware of all project activities.
- Accountable for the management, collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records.
- To monitor schedule performance and cost trends to identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, schedule relief and risks mitigation.
- To assist the Site Project Manager in reviewing and analyzing project financial data and follow up Client progress payment and billings to ensure compliance with contract terms and requirements in cooperation with the Project Manager.
- Be directly involved with the Site Project Manager in the preparation and negotiation of Changes to the contract baseline
- Work with other project team members to identify the Client’s actions and/or inactions which could result in Contract Changes and assist the Site Project Manager in their resolution with respect to additional compensation and time.
- To review and check Subcontractor Variation Requests for contractual entitlement, validity, content, accuracy and suitable support including reasonable demonstration of “cause and effect” – causation.
- Work with the project team members in the identification, negotiation and resolution of claims with Subcontractors and Suppliers. Obtain when required Legal Group participation and direction on claim handling expertise.
- Ensuring Subcontractor’s T&M based change submission are valid and in accordance with the Subcontract Contract terms.
- Prepare estimates
- Identification of risks and opportunities to project spend/budgets
- Liaise with Clients and subcontractors personnel
- Actively pursue a proactive approach to subcontractor and supplier claims mitigation and management.
- Prepare and negotiate all changes to subcontracts in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Manage the Close-Out of all subcontracts, including initiating the Close-Out Report and Performance Appraisal of all subcontractors.
- Preparation of Material Takeoffs, estimating, Schedules of Rates and Bills of Materials for bid packages for major procurement and construction contracts.
- Formation of commercial exhibits for contract documents.
- Liaise with client Representatives to ensure project objectives are met.
- Provide leadership and guidance to other team members in the performance of their duties and accomplishing timely project objectives.
- Carrying out re-measurement of all discipline work scopes including use of specialist software packages.
- Reviewing and preparation of responses to contractual claims and changes.
- Reviewing subcontractor’s payment applications
- Must possess formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline
- Must have experience of unit rate re-measure and lump sum type contracts
- Demonstrate a high level of self organization, coordination and planning
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must be a team player and integrate easily with others.
- 2-4 years experience in construction projects
- High proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Requires a detailed knowledge of industry standards and methods
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 21st January, 2016.