Travelfix.CO is Africa’s fastest growing online travel company, which provides online booking platform for domestic and international air travel, hotel bookings, holiday packages and car rentals.
We connect travelers to a large inventory of Airlines tickets, more than 200,000 hotels worldwide in addition to Airport transfers and Tour packages. Travelfix.CO assists travelers by offering them unique travel services to make travel easy and affordable for them.
Travelfix.CO is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Software Development Lead & Solutions Architect
The travel market is evolving, competition is becoming fierce and opportunity is massive. At Travelfix.CO, we are completely involved in all travel technology activities. Our mission is to develop innovative travel solutions for the industry
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly driven individual in a new role as “Head of Software Development and Architecture” to shape the future of our technology products. The candidate will be accountable for the design, development, quality assurance and delivery of innovative, robust and scalable software solutions and customer facing applications for Travelfix.CO.
Reporting to the General Manager, the role will have interaction with a range of Senior stakeholders and will be based in Travelfix.CO Head Office based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Skills and Competencies
- Passion for Software Architecture and Development, with a general thirst for digital knowledge and emerging technologies.
- Experience in building travel technologies. Implementing software development processes and procedures based on online travel industry standards.
- Software testing strategies – ability to do testing to improve efficiency and quality.
- Must be able to participate in process flow analysis/process design.
- Must have the ability to produce detailed customer requirement to match customer requirement.
- Solid experience working in an Agile environment
- Business planning and technical software strategy construction in complex environments.
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies.
- Competent understanding of .NET technologies, Type-Safe technologies, MVC design pattern, Data Modeling & Design, Enterprise Solution Architect. Domain Analyzer, PLAY framework, Scrum Master, JAVA, Scripting Languages Scala – Reactive, extensive XML processing, exposure to JEE
- Proven experience in a Head of Software Development role with a focus on small and large scale development projects
- 6-8 years experience in a similar role, experience in OTA environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Why Work for Us
- Work with a team of talented and diverse people; Be a part of a fast growing company and highly ambitious team.
- Learn, grow and succeed in your career.
- We have amazing benefits to meet your personal and professional needs.
- We are hard-working, fun-loving bunch of people.
- Opportunities to work in a global travel company and work in other countries.
- Become an expert in online travel industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s including the job title “Head of Software Solutions Architect” as the subject of mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please be informed that applicants that do not meet the requirements will not be contacted. Applicants who do not reside in Abuja, Nigeria must be willing to relocate