Job Title: Manager, Bookstore
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Bookstore Manager will be responsible for the overall planning and organizing of the Bookstore operations to meet profitability objectives.
• Plan, organize, and supervise Bookstore operations to meet profitability objectives
• Manages the operation of a store unit, including purchasing of supplies and books, special orders, receiving and shipping, and return of overstocked or defective merchandise.
• Assess academic and store needs for all resale and store supply products, including textbooks.
• Research products and negotiate pricing, quality and delivery.
• Works with faculty and vendors to acquire and assure availability of new/used texts and class supplies to customers and students.
• Oversee and participate in the physical inventory of merchandise and data entry into computer.
• Provide Comptroller with supporting documentation necessary for yearend audit.
• Manage the bookstore’s spending and regularly monitor budget information.
• Work collaboratively with Administration to prepare the annual budget request.
• Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
• May oversee or manage the operation of auxiliary services such as vending machines or student service areas.
Generate purchase orders, set pricing for resale.
• Supervise personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
• Oversees and coordinates the payment of invoices and freight bills on blanket purchase orders, small purchase orders, and check requests.
• Research and recommend programs, policies and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the bookstore function, including new software, internal controls, new electronic payment technologies, and customer service.
• Review daily cash receipts and ensure bookstore operations are maintaining profitability.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent Negotiation Skills.
• Broad base of basic retailing knowledge and skills.
• Good customer relation skills; ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of store clientele, outside vendors and organizations
• Must be proficient in the use of a computer, including spreadsheet and word software.
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated and have the initiative to work independently to meet deadlines and resolve issues.
• Good administrative, supervisory and budget management skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 4 to 6 years of relevant retail experience, preferably in a Printing Press, Publishing house or a University Bookstore managing Bookstore operations
• Broad knowledge of retail sales operations and management, merchandising, computerized applications of Point-of-Sales; textbook management; and accepted business and retail, publisher and vendor practices.
• Business Development/Marketing Skills is an Added advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, Accounting or other related disciplines.
• Good general understanding of bookstore/Publishing operations, preferably within a University.
• Broad knowledge of retail sales operations and management, merchandising, computerized applications of Point-of-Sales
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply