IHS Towers is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CSR Manager
- The successful applicant will be responsible for helping IHS Nigeria make progress in its commitment to become a more sustainable and socially responsible company.
- This position makes recommendations, and helps to execute strategies that enhance the company’s approach to all social responsibility issues, including sustainability, governance, community involvement, and charitable giving.
- Serve as internal expert and external representative on CSR issues.
- Benchmark competition and industry best practices.
- Develop a comprehensive annual sustainability plan in connection with representatives of related departments covering energy use, waste reduction, carbon footprint, employee involvement, and external leadership.
- Secure employee engagement in environmental programs, including maintaining an intranet portal, developing incentive programs, planning and executing inperson events, delivering presentations, and supporting local advocates.
- Work with external communications (and other) parties to pursue appropriate public relations, marketing, recognition and awards to validate IHS’s CSR efforts.
- Coordinate volunteer activities and events, drumming up support and persuading employee participation.
- Build effective relationships with the management team and advise on development of initiatives that further IHS’ CSR commitment, and champion them within their departments.
- Design CSR plans and work with relevant internal stakeholders to implement them, whilst managing and tracking goals and metrics.
- Manage the CSR reporting process, working with other departments especially Technology and CR to collect social and environmental data.
- Take primary responsibility for maintaining internal and external CSR web portals.
- Participate in CSR membership organizations and attend conferences.
- Work on special CSR projects in coordination with other departments, such as investment strategy, philanthropy, public policy advocacy, and wellness.
- Identify and implement sponsorships with nonprofit and other organizations to demonstrate commitment externally.
- Manage external consultants, and interns, as needed.
- Ability to influence senior management and peers, build business cases to tie social responsibility to core business strategy, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Expertise in social and environmental responsibility, community involvement, and communications.
- Business insight and commercial awareness.
- Adaptability and empathy.
- Strong leader and team player – also ‘self-starters’.
- Integrity and open minded.
- Persuasive and self-confident presenters, able to sell in business cases.
- Understanding of different educational, human rights and sustainability issues.
- Influential, with political and environmental awareness.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Good communicator with ability to make public presentations and create effective written and web content.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and grassroots employees.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in developing and executing engagement plans, communications campaigns, and community events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of society and the positive effects CSR (Corporate Social Responsbility) can have on the external environment.
- Knowledge of how CSR influences stakeholder relations, and how CSR fits into the wider strategic business context, and company brand, are essential.
- The successful applicant must have experience of managing a CSR budget, along side Community Relations experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply