Our corporate vision is to be the recognized global leader in providing comprehensive security, crisis response and risk management services in high-risk and complex environments delivered at a world-class level by the best quality personnel in the industry. Our mission is to protect and support our clients, securing their place in a complex world by consistently delivering quality services and value, while growing our business.
GardaWorld now seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced contractors for potential hire for this contract in Nigeria
Shortlisted candidates will have have some operational experience in Nigeria
Position PSD Operator (Unarmed)
Job Type Contractor, GW Consulting Middle East Limited
Location Nigeria, Abuja
Start Date 15 April 2016 (Subject to visa processing)
GardaWorld will offer competitive day rate, Contractor will not be reimbursed whilst off-duty * (Contractor will only be paid whilst On-Duty only). *Some tax may be payable locally to those hired in Nigeria
Rotation 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off, subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task
3 month probation on a one (1) year contract that will roll-over and/or as long as the Client will consent to the individual operator being on the contract
Travel pay is one half of the On-Duty rate for day(s) spent travelling from the contractor’s country of residence to the place of work (max of 2 days) and on return to the country of residence (max of 2 days).
GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation, insurance, and life support. Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
Flights MAY be offered for the initial rotation only by GardaWorld – SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION. Thereafter the Client will be responsible for all other flights.
- English speaking expatriate.
- Minimum of 5 years exemplary military or law enforcement service, plus 3 years PSC experience
- Must have Nigeria experience, preferably across the northern states of Nigeria
- Should have relevant experience in an arduous or challenging area
- Will have a recognised Close Protection qualification or attended CP Training, for example SIA licence CP
- Physically fit and smartly presented.
Must have following skill sets;
- Communication equipment and voice procedure.
- Navigation and map reading skills and the use of GPS.
- Basic infantry tactics
- Qualified in First Aid e.g. First Person On Scene (FPOS) – Intermediate
- Must have report writing experience
- Must have experience in writing security plans and conducting Site Vulnerability Assessments
- Must have team management experience, including journey management planning
- Project management experience is an asset
- Experience in the training of multi-national personnel.
- Proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Prepared to travel in country and as required by the Client and GardaWorld
The purpose of the security personnel provided by Consultant to Company is to provide a presence that may help to reduce the risk of damage to Company’s facilities or injury to Company’s personnel in connection with Company’s security program. Personnel are to maintain a presence, to observe and, if appropriate, attempt to cover and evacuate in the event of an incident.
Duties May Include
- Conduct duties as Team Leader or Operator (Vehicle commander) of Mobile Security Team.
- Protect clients, company employees and assets within leaving and working premises also during mobile security missions outside of secured areas.
- Command and control of the PSD, to ensure team members are adequately informed, skilled, equipped and supervised to conduct their duties safely, in compliance with GOI rules and regulations, GardaWorld policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain operational oversight and control and delivery of monthly training to the team.
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain control over company assets including vehicles, weapons and other sensitive equipment.
- Produce security briefings to team members and clients
- Comply with company and clients policies and regulations.
- Produce clear written and verbal reports
- Remain patient and flexible at all times to the client’s needs without compromising safety.
- Gather and analyse information / intelligence required for the planning, rehearsal and safe execution of a PSD mission.
- Submit on time, the required documentation for the approval of PSD missions according to GardaWorld SOPs and GOI rules and regulations.
- Build and develop client relationship to achieve mutually agreed goals.
- Ensure that GardaWorld Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed at all times.
- Liaise; meet with the client in the appropriate manner.
- Report all incidents according to GardaWorld and GOI rules and regulations, policy and SOPs.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise PSD members, and influence then to take positive action and accountability for their work.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately compile and submit according to set deadlines, the required PSD reports and returns
- Plan, coordinate and execute the day to day team administration and training.
- Maintain a high standard of welfare, morale and discipline in the team.
- When on contract the staff member must be fully operational on a 24/7 basis, ready to respond to any kind of emergency / threat
- Other duties as assigned by the Project TL or RD Nigeria
For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/gw
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Any deployment to Nigeria carries a degree of risk, for more information please go to http://xplored.garda-world.com/site/register where you can obtain the latest analysis, information and threat assessment
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply