Job Title: Import Logistics Officer
- Analyse import and export documentation for incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure accuracy of documentation and verify compliance standard
- Responsible to have Import and export systems updated as needed or localy defined in the country including data and document storage where necessary
- Responsible to analyse customs duty exemptions and free trade agreements where nessasary to reduce cost of imports and exports
- Accountable for performance factors related to shipping guidelines in the country
- Manage day to day customs brokers operations and ensure performances are monitored targeting a lead and cost reductions.
- Deal with customs and local authorities for day to day operational issues
- Responsible and accountable to ensure all import and export duty tariff codes are correctly applied to all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Comply with customs requirements and manage customs duty costs to a minimal exposure; regularly conduct regulatory self audits / compliance to the latest customs regulations; keep customs documents in proper filing, maintenance, and retention
- Manage day to day customs and Trade compliance issues and reports as per compliance stated
- Coordinate with Import department and arrange payments for custom duties/levies, and other clearing and forwarding payments as per requirements
- Act as a customs knowledge holder for local organization in the country
- Establish new and maintain existing procedures necessary to remain in compliance with Nigerian Customs legal requirements
- Interface with Nigerian Customs brokers, clearing and forwarding agents on compliance issues and continuous process improvement
- Manage and develop import SOPs and corporate compliance policies, Conduct internal regulatory audits and training; assist in the maintenance of record keeping procedures
- Manage the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process.
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Anticipate research and report on future changes in import/export laws and in relevant local territory practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of the department’s own strategy, resources and procedures.
- Plan and implement import strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organization.
- Liaise with other departments (Finance and Supply Chain) in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant /import activities and support in relation to the organization’s sales, purchasing, materials management, production and overall operating functions.
- Investigate, plan and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods, which meet optimally the needs of the organization and its suppliers and customers.
- Manage language and communications translation issues and activities as necessary to enable effective relations, distribution and integration of imported/exported material, product, equipment within the supply chain of importer and exporter, (for example handling instructions, operating manuals, product training, etc.).
- It is essential that the individual have an extensive knowledge of the Nigerian Import Industry.
- Strong analytical skills with good Excel knowledge are al so important, as you’ll frequently produce both routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis, making recommendations to ensure the best approach is adopted at all times to satisfy both commercial and operational requirements.
- Duty Drawback experience
- Minimum of 6 years cognate experience in a Clearing & Forwarding Company in Nigeria.
- Applicants should be 30years and above.
- Must have Operational knowledge of the ports and government agencies.
- Must have knowledge of proper clearing and haulage documentation for both import and export.
- Must have appropriate Knowledge of Inspection agents, Banks, Shipping Companies and Terminals.
- Must have the ability to handle customs and shipping companies for Imports, temporary importation, and Exports.
- Must have knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes. ‘Mastery of the Internet for Business Purposes
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this position. An incumbent must be able to perform all of the essential duties outlined above.
- This position description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. An employee holding this position will be required to perform any other position- related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Job Title: Commissary Supervisor
- Responsible for overall operations of Coldstone Creamery commissary with focus on QC, delivery systems and logistics, manpower planning and inventory management
- Responsible in overseeing the ice cream and cake production in the CSC Abuja commissary Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiency and control variances in the daily production of product and overall commissary performance
- Understand and implement procedures to maximize efficiency and control variances in daily production of product and overall commissary performance
- Understand and implement commissary quality control procedures and standards Coordinate and implement efficient production schedules to meet customer demands and minimize labor hours
- Inspect, troubleshoot and assess any production or equipment problem
- Ensure all products produced in the commissary meets the restaurant operations quality standards
- Monitor Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level
- Responsible for monitoring of raw materials, finished goods and implementation of GMP.
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring staff
- Responsible for product ordering, receiving and distribution control for the commissary
- Ensure that established procedures for tracking purchase orders, requisitions, receiving and perpetual inventory are maintained
- Managing stocks and inventories, overseeing production and processing of food items, warehousing and logistics
- Strong exposure in food planning and costing to establishing and implementing effective quality control, and set both the strategic and operational direction in regards to production and commissary management
- Participates in food preparation
- Coordinate all related maintenance and repairs of the whole commissary, and other materials in Abuja commissary.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the Commissary Manager CSC.
Experience / Education Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field; preferably QSR (Quick service restaurant). Experience in dairy, ice cream and cake production would be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences in addition to extensive experience in handling central kitchen or production facilities that cater to multi units operations systems.
- Proficiency in Excel; SAP is an advantage
- High Integrity, utmost confidentiality level
- Good analytical skills
- Independent, mature, self-initiative and possesses positive attitude
- Make decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines and at the same time deliver time results and reports.
- Team player and fast worker
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and applications to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 20th March, 2016.