Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization that are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Food Security Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Programmes: He/She shall ensure the proper implementation and monitoring of the food security programme(s) for which He/She is responsible.
- Human Resources: He/She shall supervise the food security team (PUI employees and any daily-employed workers).
- Logistics and administration: He/She shall ensure the logistical and administrative monitoring of project(s) for which He/She is responsible.
- Representation: He/She shall represent the Association to partners, authorities and local players involved in the implementation of food security programmes.
- Safety and Security: He/She shall contribute to the observance of safety and security rules at the site and shall transmit all information relating to safety and security to his/her line-manager.
- Specific objectives and linked activities
Ensuring the Implementation and Monitoring of Food Security Programme(s):
- He/She shall ensure that aid recipients and local populations both understand the project goals and actively participate in their implementation.
For Further Information, Click here to apply
Required knowledge and skills
- Specialization in IT systems
- Project management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good drafting skills
- organisations’ procedures (OFDA, ECHO,
- PFA, UN AGENCIES ETC.)
- Knowledge in e-voucher systems
- Knowledge of project management
- Cash Based Intervention
- Knowledge of institutional funding
- Other (details) Mandatory
- Office Suite
- Other (details)
- Statistics, GIS (MapInfo, ArcView etc.)
- Database (Access or other)
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment):
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Sense of diplomacy
- Ability to work with various partners, in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
- Strong listening and negotiation skills
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and level-headed
- General ability to resist stress and particularly in unstable circumstances
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to adapt and showing organizational flexibility.
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally and with maturity
- Ability to represent the activities and the mandate of PUI before local authorities
- Ability to integrate the local environment into operations, in its political, economic and historical dimensions
- Mobility: Extensive travel may be required.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their Application (Resume and Cover Letter) to “Romain Gautier, Human Resources Officer” for Expatriates at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “FoodSecPM-Nigeria”.