Action Against Hunger (ACF) International is an international humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger.
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator – Abuja, Nigeria
- Masters of Arts or Science/Bac+5/6 (or higher) in International Development, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Food and Nutrition Policy, Economics or related; or in Livestock, Veterinary, Agronomy or Agricultural studies. Similar Bachelor’s degrees profiles to be considered with two additional years of work experience.
- Minimum 4 years work experience in humanitarian or development contexts, with at least 2 year of FSL project management or coordination including team management.
You’re a super communicator
- You have led teams where you need to coach others to adapt their communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences – both verbally & in writing.
- You are diplomatic & able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support how junior staff can improve their reporting skills.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.