INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts.
Job title: Head of Mission (HoM)
Location: Abuja (with frequent missions in Maiduguri and any others operational bases)
· Advanced university degree. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
· At least 2 years professional experience in similar position.
· Knowledge of UN system (UNHCR – OCHA – UNICEF – WFP) ECHO and other majors donors.
· Experience in humanitarian assistance, e-voucher and nutrition is desirable.
· Strong experience in project design, monitoring and evaluation, and data collection and analysis is required.
· Excellent analytical, report writing and communication skills is required;
· Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
· Ability to work in a volatile and difficult security context, including hardship field locations;
· Computer literate (Microsoft office);
· English language skills required (fluent);
· Italian (desirable).
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying in the subject ‘HoM Nigeria”**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview