The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Knowledge Management/Research/M&E
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Doctoral Degree in Demography, Epidemiology, Social Statistics or related field, with relevant training or expertise in the SRH/HIV field and at least two years of relevant experience in a sector capacity successfully initiating, managing and implementing operations research projects
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct public health and social science research including experience with a variety of research methodologies, research capacity building and informed policy advocacy
- Capacity to understand and manage collaborations with research investigators, governmental, donor and civil society partners, service providers and consultants from a variety of fields and cultures.
- Excellent diplomatic, representational, problem-solving, management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building.
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Willingness to travel within country and internationally on a regular basis.
- Experience working with networks of SRH/HIV researchers, policy-makers and program managers as well as consultants and NGOs/CBOs geared to common research and policy agendas
- Demonstrated ability to stimulate fund raising and secure funds for program and research activities as needed
- Strong working knowledge of the HIV/AIDS and SRH fields in Nigeria, proven through past positions
- Fairly high profile in the population, health and SRH/HIV fields with a strong scientific publications records
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply