Job Title: Instructor of Ecology & Conservation Biology
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching: The successful candidate will be a member of faculty and will teach courses in the Department of Natural and Environmental Sciences and in General Education.
- Research: Undertaking research and implement projects in environmental conservation (broadly defined)
- Community Service: Contributing to AUN’s community service and development activities
- Academic Advising: Providing a minimum of six hours a week of academic advising to students
- Department/Schools Meetings: Attending meetings on a regular basis and as necessary to facilitate communication and to accomplish the work required for the smooth operation of the department and school
- Attendance at Academic Functions: Attending meetings of the faculty and any all-college meetings called by AUN administration.
- Course Development: Working directly with the Program Chair and/or Dean to develop new courses
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean and or Program Chair.
- A Masters Degree in Conservation Biology or (or a related discipline) from a reputable University
- Two years of teaching and/or research experience
- Knowledge of relevant VLE technologies
- Excellent knowledge of ICT tools and e-resources for teaching and research
- Cognate experience of managing environmental conservation or sustainability projects.
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity.
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
Desirable (additional) Attributes
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world.
- Commitment to development
- An emerging record of academic publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals commensurate with career stage.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for teaching
- Experience of academic or project work on development
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Candidates should state in their application letters how they meet the essential and desirable attributes. Specific examples should be provided.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: January 8, 2017.