Job Title: Factory Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations across all production floors.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Stay abreast of industry changes which may impact various business management programs as it relates to pricing trends and new products.
- Add value to the senior management team. Be an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively.
- Provide leadership for Production managers and other managers under Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and other Competencies
- Proven work experience as a Factory manager with at 10 years’ experience; 5 years as production/Shift manager in Food manufacturing company.
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment, technical expertise and Factory Acts in Nigeria
- Be knowledgeable in safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Suite
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, complex demand/supply and changing priorities; work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn new systems and procedures.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate & develop both senior and junior level staff
- Ambitious, independent, critical thinking, problem resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business management, Food science related courses
- Masters degree in Business Management or related field
- Other related certifications and training desired.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 15th January 2017.