Job Title: Communication & Public Relations Specialist
- The Communication & Public Relations Specialist will carry the dynamic voice of the Cece Yara Foundation, positioning the Foundation as the premier child sexual abuse prevention and therapy organisation.
- She/he is responsible for writing and assisting in the development and implementation of all communication and public relations; creating and maintaining writing and messaging standards for staff and volunteers; and developing materials to be shared with the public.
- She/he will also cultivate and sustain positive relations with local and regional media and partners.
- Develop, review, and enhance content for print, electronic and social media to communicate information to general public, staff and volunteers.
- Build and expand media contacts and raise visibility of the foundation in Lagos state and Nigeria at large.
- Manage and mentor community relations volunteers; update and enhance their training materials.
- Assist with crisis communication strategies and respond to sensitive issue inquiries as needed.
- Work with the foundation to identify ways to use messaging to increase adult commitment to child protection.
- Assist in publicising and reinforcing the child helpline number through copywriting, research and analysis.
- Accept additional duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Maintain the foundation’s clear, inspiring and upbeat voice through newsletters, brochures, Web content, social media, annual report and more.
- Create or modify writing style guidelines for the Foundation and provide training to staff as needed.
- Develop and implement all of the Foundation’s PR strategies.
- Generate news releases and communicate to the media.
- Prepare and provide talking points to appropriate staff, and volunteers for interviews across all media formats.
- Track, monitor and evaluate PR strategies and media impressions.
- Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field desired.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ experience in professional writing or field related to writing and/or public relations.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, with peer and executive levels, and with children and volunteers.
- Ability to work and cooperate on all levels as a team member.
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognise and respect the many forms of diversity.
- Possess expert writing and proofreading skills, with an emphasis on copywriting, technical writing and press releases.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented, accurate, organised, analytical, flexible and able to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply