Job Title: Book Keeper
- We are looking for a prudent candidate with finance or accounting background that can generate financial report in time and ensuring corporate adherence to regulatory standards and reports, accounting, treasury, tax, and external audit compliance functions for multiple statutory entities.
- The Book Keeper reports to the Head of Finance and Account of Cookie Jar Gourmet Bakery
- Prepares financial and stock report
- Liaise effectively with government agencies, regulatory authorities, suppliers, professional advisers etc.
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices and ensure timely payment
- Issue invoices, confirms payment and maintain proper record of payment receipts
- Assist with documentation of purchased supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Calculate and issue financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Prepare and update product costing and pricing
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly; works with production team to achieve this
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Issue financial statements
- Work with production department for proper inventory management
- Verify financial transactions with banks and carry out cash lodgement
- Prepare trial balance and profit and loss accounts
- Reconciliation of daily sales with sales personnel record
- Forecast and preparation of budgets
- Treasury management
- Payroll calculation and disbursement
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Minimum of 1 year experience in book keeping or accounting function.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as subject of email.
Application Deadline 20th January, 2017.