Job Title: Data Assistant (Polio Lab)
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/17/SSA1
Description of duties:
Under the overall guidance of the Maiduguri Polio Laboratory Director and over all supervision of WHO Data Assistant, the staff will carry out the following specific task:
1. Establish, maintain and up-date Polio laboratory databases pertaining to AFP/contact and lab result
2. Perform data harmonization and cleaning on all AFP data received using the WHO Data Quality Check and harmonization Tool.
3. Ensures weekly submission of the polio lab data to the director to share with AFRO as per the agreed timeline
4. Provide regular feedback on any data harmonization issue to the concerned zone and state.
5. Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
6. Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis feedback on key polio laboratory indicators
7. Create and secure back-up copies of data in the lab.
8. Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
- Diploma in Computer Science, Statistics, data management or related field with additional data laboratory training.
Verification of Educational qualifications:
“In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually”.
- Working knowledge of laboratory, preferably Polio laboratory.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures. Demonstrated abilities for team-work.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different background.
- At least 2 years’ experience in health related data management.
- Experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in Ms. Access database tool management.
WHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), dependency benefits, pension plan, health insurance scheme, and 30 days annual leave.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 18 January 2017