Job Title: Accountant
- The Accounts Officer works within the financial unit to oversee the accounts payable and receivables of the company.
- Accounts Officer works with the clinics to ensure that the activities of the department are in line with financial standards of the company.
- The Accounts Officer works with the human resources department to process payroll and prepares payroll reports.
- The individual analyzes the finances of the company and makes recommendations for improvement.
- The Accountant will work with various accounting and operations personnel on process improvement and documenting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing daily bookkeeping and bank reconciliation of the clinics
- Responsible to prepare cash flow statements, budgets and bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare annual and quarterly audits.
- Prepare monthly accrual journal entries and reconcile accounts, working with various departments to resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for tax.
- Ensure constant auditing and maintaining internal controls set by company management.
- Responsible for month-end close processes, account analysis, and review of account reconciliations.
- Monthly management reporting plus ad-hoc reports.
- Daily analysis of the company’s treasury position and sales summary
- Assist with special projects and additional duties as assigned
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- The Accountant must prepare biweekly and monthly financial statements
- Responsible for the preparation of other key financial analytical reports for management
- Responsible for processing accounts payable and accounts receivables for the company
- Responsible for enforcing company credit policy and ensuring collections are made accordingly.
- Responsible for working with Human Resources to in process payroll.
- Responsible for preparing financial analysis and communicate results to the Manager.
- Prepare sales, expense, vendor and debtors report on a weekly basis
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting or related fields
- ICAN certification is desirable
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the accounting field.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Accounting system and financial laws.
- An Accounts Officer is expected to be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Computer competencies with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point) are required.
- Demonstration of strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize and delegate effectively as well as the ability to work as part of a corporate system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Job Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job position as subject of email.
Application Deadline 20th January, 2017.