Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Services Coordinator (M/F) Nigeria
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating the main activities in order to ensure the quality of MHPSS in the field.
More precisely, you will:
- Effectively manage daily program, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting. Conduct routine project needs assessments and program reviews to ensure successful implementation and donor compliance.
- Develop the strategy and mechanisms to integrate a mental health and psychosocial support into MDM programs in keeping with IASC guidelines of mental health and psychosocial support in emergencies.
- Establish systematic data collection for reports.
- Take a lead in writing MHPSS section of all donor reports.
- Manage the MHPSS team, including their recruitment, evaluation and training.
- Manage MHPSS Dept. and subsequent team ensuring there is adequate coverage during periods of absence, training needs are met and performance evaluated.
- Provide direct technical support and capacity building to MDM MHPSS national staff, in training development, in program implementation, and developing strategic direction of our programs in Nigeria, with support from MDM Medical advisor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Clinical Psychology Degree
- Significant experience on a similar position
- Experience working in intercultural context
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability and capacity to take initiatives to changing requirements
- Good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Training and supervision experience required
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Capacity to create relationships with the communities
- Knowledge of public health issues
- Honest, hardworking and a self-motivated person
- Proven pedagogical and psychological technical expertise
- Patience and stress management
- Ability to work with minimum support
- Ability to create tools and monitoring process
English: fluent written and spoken
French is an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its nonstatutory, NFP model.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply