Job Title: Vice Chancellor
Job Description and Responsiblities
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
- He shall be the link between the Council and Senate and shall be responsible for implementing decisions of both Council and Senate.
- He shall also be competent at all times to advise the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- His specific duties shall include maintaining efficiency and orderliness in the University, and ensuring that academic standards are sustained.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall also maintain good public relations, and manage the University effectively.
Qualification and Experience
The candidate for the post must be:
- A globally renowned scholar who is a Professor.
- A scholar who should not have attained the age of 65 years at the time of assumption of duty.
- A scholar well-known for his/her ability to provide quality leadership of an academic environment.
- A scholar who will be able to provide the University with academic linkages.
- A scholar who will be able to attract research grant and complementary funds from local and international organizations and donor agencies.
- A scholar who is information and communication technology (ICT) proficient, committed to the mainstreaming of ICT into University-wide programmes and activities.
- A scholar who is not likely to foster personal, racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests and who is also capable of inspiring the members of University community towards the attainment of itsgoals.
- A scholar who has a good understanding of the Vision and Mission of the University.
- A person who enjoys excellent physical and mental health.
Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall serve for a single-term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The salaries and Conditions of Service are as applicable to the post obtained in Nigerian State Universities as approved by Sokoto State Government and the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of application letters and detailed curriculum vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
The application must be accompanied with twenty copies of the candidate’s vision statement of the University in the 21st century.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope with the position applied for clearly indicated on the left- hand corner and addressed to:
Sokoto State University,
Birnin Kebbi Road,
Note: Candidates are kindly requested to ask their referees to send their reports confidentially and directly to the Registrar, before the expiry date indicated above.