Job Title: Executive Assistant
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative backstopping to Nigeria-based projects (ACGG and others) and offices and financial support to ILRI Ibadan staff (both Nationally and Internationally Recruited Staff);
- Prepare letters, memo, visa requests and letters of invitation for staff and visitors;
- Assist in preparing short term request for the unit;
- Manage secretariat (receiving visitors, providing orientation for new staff, receiving and making telephone calls, organizing filing systems for the office, and providing secretarial support);
- Maintain personnel files for all ILRI Ibadan employees;
- Liaise with IITA on administrative issues concerning ILRI Ibadan staff;
- Handle requests from ILRI Headquarters regarding administrative and financial issues;
- Liaise with ILRI Headquarters on all legal and human resource dimensions;
- Assist in planning, organizing and coordinating logistics for project meetings, workshops, field trips and other events in the Programme;
- Assist in making travel arrangements – travel authorization, air tickets, accommodation etc;
- Coordinate vehicle management and administration (filling of log books by drivers, repairs, insurance etc.);
- Manage facilities and consumables and organise preventive maintenance for all ILRI assets in coordination with IITA;
- Ensure proper identification of all ILRI assets, and update asset register regularly;
- Participate in organizing workshops and conferences;
- Compile, check and analyse ILRI Accounts Statements from IITA, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Monitor projects budget (ACGG and others) and prepare project financial reports;
- Process, check and monitor various documents related to advances, payments, expense claims for ILRI staff, visitors and collaborators;
- Handle petty cash (receiving request, making payment, keeping register, submit replenishment request as necessary);
- Liaise with IITA Finance for monthly financial report for ILRI Ibadan office and ensure timely submission to ILRI Headquarters;
- Assist in procurements and perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/B.Sc in Banking & Finance, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration or any related field with Eight (8) years’ experience in a multidisciplinary working environment.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and to take initiative and exercise good judgment;
- Ability to get things done under pressure;
- Competency in personal organization and priority setting with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment and to be an effective team player;
- Creative and flexible respond to changing work requirements.
- Strong computer skills in relevant office applications software packages (i.e. MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).