Job Title: University Librarian
- Manage human and material resources and services;
- Administration and development of policies;
- Acquisition of materials;
- Budgeting, planning and fund development;
- Liaise with academic and administrative departments;
- Liaise with local and international organizations and consultancy services;
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Vice- Chancellor
Qualifications and Experiences
- Prospective candidate for the post of University Librarian must possess good second-class honors Degree and Master’s Degree in library and Information Science from a recognized University (Doctorate Degree is an added advantage), with at least ten (10)years post-qualification experience in a University setting or other Institutions of higher learning and must have reached the position of Deputy Librarian.
- In addition, the candidate must have membership of relevant professional bodies, such as Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria and Nigeria Library Association.
- The candidate is also expected to have scholarly publications in reputable journals;
- she/he should be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to the running of a complex and modern University Library.
- Prospective candidate must be a person with leadership qualities, high integrity, and an outstanding human resources manager.
Salary and Condition of Service
- The salary is as applicable to the post of University Librarian in state Universities in Nigeria and as approved by the Sokoto State University Governing Council from time to time.
- The duration of the appointment is for a term of five (5) years, subject to satisfactory performance and may be renewed for another term of five years, if deemed necessary by the University Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
11th February, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and twenty (20) copies of detailed curriculum vitae stating the following:
- Date of Birth,
- Marital status,
- Number and ages of children,
- Permanent Home Address,
- E-mail address,
- Phone Number,
- Qualifications with dates (photocopies to be attached),
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present posts.
Sokoto State University,
Birnin Kebbi Road,
Note: Candidates are kindly requested to ask their referees to send their reports confidentially and directly to the Registrar, before the closing date indicated above.