Job Title: Accountant
- Prepare Financial Statement for Management decision.
- Day-to-day management of the Financial and Management Accounting processes.
- Implement approved accounting processes. systems and controls for products and services.
- Ensure all creditors’ balances are diligently & completely recorded and accounted for on a daily basis.
- Render accurate and timely returns to appropriate statutory regulatory authorities in compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Plan, organize and implement accounting operations and objectives, coordinate and integrate activities toward achievement of established goals and objectives.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Report to management regarding the financial health and status of the Organization.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- To prepare & review budgets for new projects
- To ensure that financial statements and management reports on all projects are prepared & submitted on a monthly basis
- To ensure that all projects are correctly closed down including disposal of assets, closure of bank accounts and finalization of reports
- To come up with yearly cost reduction models for the company
- To maintain financial risk assessments of all projects, ensuring that key risks are identified & clear recommendations are presented to the MD
- To manage multiple project accounts
- To develop and deliver relevant financial training to account clerk/assistant
- Minimum of five (4) years relevant experience in core accounting function with at least two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Experience in retail and with retail management systems is a plus.
- Compulsory Audit/Tax Management Experience
- Strong background in account, stock management process
- High degree of integrity confidentiality, confidence in tasks execution.
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP and audit management tools and other accounting software.
- First Degree in Accounting or other numerate discipline.
- Successful candidate must be chattered
- ACA or other relevant international professional qualifications (CIMA, CPA, ACCA)
- Financial management
- Budgeting and planning
- Accounting policies and standards
- Financial analysis and interpretation
- Tax management
- Risk identification & management
- Cost accounting techniques
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org