Job Title: Social Media Officer
Core purpose of the Job
- To support the Business Development team in achieving set targets through support and in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, as well as full support services to the various Business units.
- You are expected to give direct support services to your business unit as it relates to all assignments you may be given. You are also expected to contribute meaningfully towards their target achievement.
- Brand Development
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Content management duties include:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising.
- Social Media Monitoring
- Monitor trends in social media
- Monitor social space for brand and related topics and conversations
- Job Specific Competencies (Skills/ Knowledge/ Attributes):
- Entrepreneurial and Numerical Competence
- Business Consulting and Development
- Competency Management
- Complaint & Conflict Management (Emergency/ Crisis Management)
- Customer Focus
- Information Management
- First Degree in Business Administration, Art or Social Sciences
- Minimum of 2 Years’ Experience.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
Competencies Required Skills:
- Ability to understand, interpret and deliver on tasks
- Oral and written communications
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Practices superior time management.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Must be Friendly, honest, transparent and diligent in all dealings.
Application Closing Date
7th February, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com