Job Title: Field Supervisors
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Assisting research staff and Project Manager with logistical planning for the respective field work;
- · Pretesting questionnaires;
- · Managing finances, transportation, and accommodation for their research team;
- · Providing the research staff and Project Manager with daily updates on their team’s progress;
- · Filling out daily field reports/check in’s reports;
- · Reviewing completed questionnaires daily to ensure they have been filled in properly;
- · Instructing interviewers where interview will be conducted based on the research team’s sampling plan;
- · Back-checking all interviews;
- · Providing the interviewers with instruction on which methodology/selection methods should be used;
- · Providing the interviewers with guidance on any questions they may have about the research tools;
- · Managing communication between the interviewers and the Project Manager or research staff;
- · Training and re training of new interviewers;
- · Review of Survey process, specific to each location;
- · Ensuring interviewing techniques & ethics are maintained.
Skills & Competence
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any business related field.
- · 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- · Fluency in English (ability to speak in local dialects is an added advantage)
- · Familiarity with urban and rural areas in specific country
- · Willingness and ability to travel into the rural areas
- · Basic understanding of research methodology and practices
- · Organization & Time management skills
- · Report writing
- · Clear communication over email, Skype, text and phone.
- · Cross-cultural communication skills
- · Ownership of a Smart phone.
- · Basic accountancy and dependability;
- · Attention to detail;
- · Ability to travel on short notice
- · Effective communication;
- · Negotiation;
- · Conflict resolution;
- · Team work.
ONLY candidates with exceptional understanding of afriQuest’s methodology, ethics, and approach will be selected as Field Supervisors.
Job Title: Research Assistants (Data collectors)
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Maintaining contact with supervisors before, during, and after data collection phase;
- · Thoroughly understand the purpose of the survey and the content of the survey form;
- · Conduct the interviews with courtesy and respect for the respondent, using the standard survey. Must be available to travel within the country on short notice;
- · Interviewers must speak the language of the respondents and not need to rely on an interpreter. (knowledge an extra language will be an added advantage);
- · Review the survey forms, correct mistakes, and make sure that forms are complete;
- · At the end of each field work day, He/She should provide the supervisor with a debriefing on the day’s work and on any problems encountered;
- · Energetic and confident.
Skills & Competencies
- · Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences or in any business related field;
- · 1-2 years’ experience in research both qualitative and quantitative;
- · Prior experience using CS pro, ODK Collect, Poimapper and Survey To Go will be an added advantage;
- · Personal organization & time management skills;
- · Report writing & clear communication over email, skype, text and phone;
- · Extensive problem solving skills;
- · Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with participants;
- · Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- · Reliability & dependability.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter indicating their suitability for each respective job to Odinga@afriquestresearch.com with a working daytime phone and current email address.
Please indicate on your email subject the position you are applying for e.g. “RE: Field Supervisor/Research Assistant (data collector)-Nigeria.
Closing Date for applications is 10th February 2017 5.00 PM EAT. All applications sent after the closing date and time will not be considered.
The AfriQuest Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in it selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.