Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Mercy Corps Nigeria is seeking to hire a Human Resource officer to undertake the Human Resource function within the human resource department in our Maiduguri Office
Essential Job Function
- Follow Mercy Corps Policies and Procedures for Human Resource Management as stipulated in the Mercy Corps HR Manual and National Policy manual.
- Assist with the collection of monthly time sheets and ensure original copies are sent to the country office
- Ensure that all new hires undergo on-boarding process at the field office
- Ensure that staff undertake mandatory trainings
- Participate in any disciplinary meetings and hearings and take minutes.
- Track all performance reviews/probationary evaluations and notify supervisory staff accordingly.
- Monthly tracking of Leave attendance, National Field Database, Medical, Performance Management, Training database
- Handles all field recruitment process in liaison with relevant hiring managers.
- Receives all HR related documentation from head office and file as required.
- Update all personnel files and ensure safety of all personnel information
- Ensure staff fill all medical forms and send them to the head office, Abuja.
- Maintain staff personnel files in an MC standardized filing system, making sure all necessary HR paperwork is consistently filed and/or updated as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/pay rises.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with office administration; computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
- Ability to communicate in English & Hausa
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Must possess a minimum of a degree in preferably Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Application Deadline 3rd February, 2017.