Job Title: IT Support Officer
- Development of enterprise standards and technology architecture and the IT operations governance process
- Ensure processes are followed and IT projects are well driven for success
- Participate in the IT strategic plan
- Manage licensing and maintenance contracts
- Maintain compliance as well as best practices in application and network security.
- Develop and manage Information Systems processes and tools across the group.
- Frontline incident and request management
- Monitor the ticketing system for incoming requests, process issues – log issues and track even when users come directly to you
- Document issues, analysis, progress, solution in the ticketing system
- Contribute to team knowledge management by documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Ensure systems availability and corresponding support processes based on ITIL;
- Plan, install and maintain systems and networks (LAN/WAN)
- Management of voice and data networks, video conferencing system, mobile phones and tablets
- Manage stakeholders/3rd Party Vendor
- Communicate with vendors and service providers to ensure all services are functioning normally and are cost effective.
- Works closely with and manage strategic vendor partner relationships.
- Efficient support to users including senior management and executives
- Escalate to central teams when required, take ownership and represent the user to ensure the requests are processed
- Communicate to the user on progress in a timely manner
- Provide basic in-house training in softwares and applications used company wide – MS Office applications used (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), GSuite, Skype, BlueJeans Dropbox, onedrive etc
- Setup and configure work tools for new and existing employees
- Manage asset inventory and anticipate hardware needs
- Proactively identify end of life of workstations and coordinate replacement
- Oversee all IT infrastructure implementation, system upgrades, disaster recovery and operational troubleshooting
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A first Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or Electronic, Telecommunications and any Physical science.
- Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years 3-5 year experience in IT Support or similar role, in a fast-paced though structured environment (processes)
- Experience with DevOps tooling (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and management of open source Network resources and tools (OpenVPN, Logstash, Zenoss, Nagios, etc.)
- Planning, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to write technical documentation to feed the Service Desk knowledge database
- Knowledge of a ticketing system and Service Desk procedures.
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Visio, Access (relational database structures), and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration and web server configuration.
- Comfortable with scaling production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
- Basic scripting skills in PHP or Python
- Experience planning/deploying/running various types of AWS infrastructure (Route 53, S3, EC2, VPC, RDS, etc)
- Good level of autonomy
- Very strong technical background with a flair for technology management
- Excellent knowledge on Desktop OS (Windows 7/8/10, Ubuntu, OS X) Installation, Configuration and troubleshoot end user problems.
- Experience using and troubleshooting popular email clients e.g. outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Good knowledge and experience of mobile phones (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, etc.) for system configuration (email settings, certificates deployment, application installation, etc.)
- Passionate about Customer Service.
- Knowledge of network configuration (DNS, TCP/IP, PABX, Routers and Switches) and other networking concepts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 7th February, 2017.