Job Title: Chief Consultant
- We are seeking a savvy, multi-talented Managing Editor who will work with our team of writers and editors to develop exciting, compelling and relevant content that will attract and retain a clearly-defined audience to our website, online magazine and mobile app.
- Generate revenue mainly from advertising on our website, mobile app and online magazine. Reach and attract high-quality followership/audience for the website, mobile app and online magazine.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field
- Five or more years of editorial experience in magazine/newspaper publishing and/or digital media
- Ability to work with writers and editors to develop strong compelling content
- Ability to manage teams of freelancer/contract workers
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate freely with coworkers
- Ability to organize major local and national events.
Managing Editor Profile:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in magazine publishing and/or digital media and have demonstrated ability to work with writers, editors and webmasters to develop strong and compelling content in different categories.
- You should have editorial and project management experience with magazine/newspapers and/or online content, a proven ability to publish quality content on time and within budget, and be a highly motivated and ultra-organized person.
- You must be able to deliver content that attracts a specific demographic, especially since the website, mobile app and magazine will derive income from subscriptions.
- You must be well-spoken and confident to approach and meet with top-executives to negotiate deals and promote company offers.
- An impressive understanding of content development, the editorial and marketing factors that allow an online magazine and website to succeed in an online marketplace.
- Proven project management ability, including experience managing freelancers and working on a high volume of projects.
- Working knowledge of RSS feeds, SEO, keywords, analytics tools, social media (Twitter, Facebook), blogging and some relevant multimedia illustration software
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and follow up independently so you can deliver on tight deadlines.
- Eagerness to work in a fast-moving environment and collaborate with others on innovative new processes.
- Being a self-starter with a strong sense of curiosity and creativity.
- Public speaking ability will be an advantage.
- Excellent writing skill, Proof reading and Editing skill, Social Networking, Project Management, Event Planning.
- Professional certifications, awards and affiliations are highly valued
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an initiative-taking attitude are most welcome.
- A competitive remuneration package in line with industry experience.
- 1 year Contract to be reviewed after 6 months.
- Entitled to ownership stake in the company after 1st year if objectives and set targets are met and possibility of contract extension by one year or more.
- Stake in company increases each year as targets are met.
Application Closing Date
10th February 2017
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a portfolio of some of their work (in PDF format) to: email@example.com