Job Title: Deputy Program Director, Essential Childhood Medicines
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
- The Deputy Program Director will lead a team of professionals based across the country, and will have significant opportunity to shape CHAI’s approach in developing this program.
- He/she will be expected to use strong internal and external relationship management, exceptional team development and management, and rigorous analysis to develop and execute high-impact programs.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding leadership and management skills.
- The candidate must be able to independently drive the development and implementation of this program, have deep personal commitment to producing results, and have the ability to lead in a challenging professional environment.
- CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, tenacity, independence, humility, passion for the mission, and work ethic.
- The Deputy Program Director will be based in Abuja, with travel to program focus states.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of CHAI’s Nigerian Essential Medicines program, including strategy development and implementation, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring and reporting;
- Develop and implement performance management systems and structures to ensure optimal, high-impact program outcomes;
- Oversee the development and implementation of overall program strategy-including goal-setting, defining targets, and measuring program performance-while establishing aggressive operational milestones and achieving program objectives;
- Collaborate closely with CHAI’s Global Essential Medicines Team to share lessons and leverage technical expertise where valuable to strengthen implementation and performance
- Lead the identification of-and fundraising for-strategic opportunities for program expansion related to diarrhea and pneumonia; in partnership with global team, manage submission of high-quality, timely donor reports
- Act as CHAI Nigeria’s lead representative to donor and other external organizations on all Essential Medicines-related activities and communications-including program performance, strategic direction, operational changes, and risk management;
- Oversee administrative activities related to the Essential Medicines program, including closely liaising with the CHAI Nigeria Director of Operations (DO) to manage overall program budget, logistics, and Human Resources;
- Catalyze the implementation of Nigeria’s Essential Childhood Medicines Scale-Up Strategy by serving as a senior counsel to FMoH and NPHCDA leaders and guiding a broad stakeholder coalition toward an aligned approach;
- Any other task as requested by the Country Director.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Health, International Policy, or a related subject and experience in Nigeria’s pharmaceutical, public health, or development sectors;
- Exceptional strategic development skills, able to identify and pursue high-impact strategies in complex, uncertain, and evolving environments;
- Proven program management skills, based on several years of experience in strategic, operational, and/or financial management of complex, multi-stakeholder programs/projects and a proven ability to effectively build and manage large teams of professionals;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to understand and develop a commercial market for pharmaceuticals and medical devices; results-driven orientation;
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate effectively and build durable relationships while navigating favorably influencing decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner;
- Ability to work with humility and not seek personal credit for the work or contributions, even where credit is due; commitment to ensuring our government partner is the owner of our work together;
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated expertise in strategy development and execution;
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to create compelling, logical presentations, using PowerPoint and other communications media;
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities.
- Experience working in the private sector, preferably in pharmaceuticals or fast-moving consumer goods
- Advanced Degrees in management, public health, or other relevant fields.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online