Job Title: Marine Contract Manager
Job Reference: 1204
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Contract Manager is responsible for ensuring the service delivery to the clients as agreed to in the contract(s) under his responsibility. Some of the accountabilities are but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with the Client.
- Ensure that the contractual obligations are met to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Conduct regular performance review meetings on basis of pre-agreed performance parameters.
- Ensure all operations are undertaken in a safe and secure manner and in full compliance with the company’s SLIMS policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all operational and vessel personnel comply with all relevant regulations as well as Operational and SHEQ policies and procedures and that non-compliance is analyzed, evaluated and corrective/preventive actions are swiftly being taken.
- Actively promote SHE-Q awareness and monitor performance in order to ensure full application of safety standards and safe working practices. “Lead by example”.
- Ensure that operations are performed in a professional, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Select local subcontractors and ensure to subsequently control and administer their performance.
- Negotiate and manage all service agreements, sub-contractors etc. within the limits of authority.
- Manage the contract’s P&L
- Manage the administration of local purchases, contractors as well as financial responsibility for same.
- Provide input to annual budgets and monthly/quarterly performance reports.
- Monitor the financial performance of the contract and ensure the contract budget is being achieved.
- Ensure that vessels are managed to the technical specifications as directed by Regional/Corporate Technical departments making sure that vessels are maintained in class.
- Ensure procedures covering all routine maintenance of deck and engine room machinery and equipment are followed and that appropriate required records are kept on board.
- Have the required number of defined annual inspections conducted and reports produced in a timely fashion in line with prevailing procedures.
- Supervise onboard maintenance on all vessels and assist in a ‘hands-on’ manner in training staff and crew in routine and non-routine maintenance and repair.
- Apply corporate policies and ethical standards.
- Ensure that the company’s legal structure and company registration/documentation complies with all local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Obtain and keep on record all required certificates in accordance with local legislation and contract conditions.
- Assist commercial managers with intelligence regarding the developments and new opportunities that might come up in that country
- Assist commercial managers in meeting prospective clients
- Accomplished professional with deep, relevant work experience.
- Act as an Ambassador on behalf of the Group towards all relevant stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial and reporting processes.
- Good business acumen
- Good motivator and coach of own staff and Crew.
- Commercial savvy in dealing with the clients.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply