Job Title: Finance Manager, Logistics and Operations
- Establish and monitor appropriate accounting practices to ensure all inventory activities are captured correctly in Inventory Management system and interface accurately into the accounting system
- Establish inventory reconciliation procedures to ensure accuracy of all balances
- Ensure accurate Inventory ageing and analysis and appropriate provisions are kept in the books for slow and obsolete stock
- Ensure accurate book keeping for all initiatives regarding stock in transit and returns to Vendors
Financial Planning and Budget Management:
- Prepare the annual operating and strategic plan for the business unit (includes working capital and cashflow projections) to the right quality and to time.
- Prepare unit budgets and consolidate for the business unit and ensure consistency of numbers in line with the Service Level Agreements with each venture.
- Deploy best in class cost accounting tools to ensure clarity of cost bases and provide clarity on Cost optimization opportunities, and revenue generating schemes.
- Ensure accuracy in invoicing
- Ensure all unit heads are held to account to operate in line with the budget. Full variance analysis and corrective action plans are provided on a periodic basis (e.g. monthly)
- Financial analysis as will be required from time to time too aid management decision making.
Financial Accounting and Reporting:
- Ensure completeness, correctness and accuracy of accounting records and transactions in the Financial accounting systems and in line with IFRS.
- Expedite all audit assignments and ensure that recommendations are implemented to time and risks identified are mitigated.
- Adequacy of reconciliation with 3rd Party Logistics providers and completeness and accuracy of transactions embarked on with them.
- Fixed Asset and CAPEX Management:
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the fixed asset register in line with IFRS.
- Ensure the adequacy of controls over the additions and disposals of assets and physical verification.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation statements of accruals and analysis of expense and revenue heads.
- Ensure proper filing of source documents and records relating to the operations of the business unit.
- Prepare Monthly Business Review reports fully reconciled to the SLA and the Financial accounting systems.
- Ensure internal control processes are working optimally.
- Provide leadership to finance team members and financial support to unit heads within the Business Unit.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are building ventures from scratch, learning and solving problems along the way
- Self-starter who will take initiative to effect positive change
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and professionalism at all times
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Proficiency in the use of ERP systems
- Strong drive and ability to implement change in fast moving organizations
- Willingness to make decisions as necessary and appropriate in accordance with company policies.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking and Finance, Economics from a reputable University or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ in supervisory role with Cost accounting and management experience
- Relevant financial accounting and management experience in supply chain operations
- Adequate knowledge of the Ecommerce Industry
- Master’s Degree in similar role above is an advantage
- Certification from any recognized professional body (ACCA, ACA, ICAN, CFA) is compulsory
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply