Job Title Title: Research Technician III
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in DNA extraction from soil, bacteria, fungi, plant and any other molecular work and procurement of all microbiology supplies and equipment;
- Assist in maintaining all microbiology equipment, isolation and authentication of bacteria from nodules and other rhizobiology work;
- Assist in isolation and maintenance of plant growth promoting micro-organism and microbial analysis on all samples;
- Assist in maintaining controlled growth chambers and microbial cultures;
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory and its annexes;
- Assist both MSc & PHD students on all laboratory/greenhouse/field work related to microbiology;
- Assist in training IT students, NYSC and manage lab, staff and daily analytical services;
- Handles customer samples and assign needed analyses to technicians and bill.
Customers for lab analytical services;
- Assist in updating, upgrading and train staff on new emerging analytical techniques;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology or related discipline with at least Five (5) years relevant experience.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have practical microbiology techniques, statistical software and be computer literate.
- Possession of valid drivers’ license is an added advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.