Job Title: System Administrator
Essential Job Function
- Installing and configuring computer systems.
- Providing system support to other system users
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving faults arising from online publication systems;
- Performing backup and restore procedures
- Continually develop Disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- Ensure system environments are fully maintained with appropriately supported updates and patches
- Provide assistance with testing and deployment of application changes/releases.
- Analyzing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues
- Proactively monitoring systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before they occur, in accordance with monitoring/maintenance procedures.
- Providing procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Maintains end users confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Manage requests for IT application access, ensuring full compliance to agreed security policies and procedures.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Servers as first level support on all incidents with online publication systems
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with team members and other professionals.
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years post-graduate experience in a similar position, preferably, professional experience should be against the background of enterprise system solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of up-to-date servers and desktop systems
- Knowledge of Windows Servers, Linux OS and Virtualization
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong Problem solving skills
- Knowledge CRM /Helpdesk applications.
- Knowledge of network and security systems.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently. Attention to detail.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Effective communication skills
- Good reporting, project and time management skills with persistence
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem solving and research skills.
- Creating and Innovative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly developed sense of integrity and ethics
- Must possess astute technical competency
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st March 2017.