The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) is a five year (2009 – 2014) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that aims to increase the use of modern family planning (FP) methods among the urban poor in the six cities of Abuja FCT, Ibadan, Kaduna, Ilorin.
Job Title: Project Driver
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- To support program activities by safely operating a motor vehicle in compliance with road traffic and company regulations;
- To transport project staff to official meetings and activity site visits;
- To carry out vehicle inspections before and after official journeys in order to detect defects, which must be reported for immediate repairs;
- To perform minor repairs and daily maintenance of vehicles;
- To maintain a log-book to record details of all trips made and fuel consumption; and
- Perform other official assignments as may be assigned by NURHI Management.
- To deliver official parcels or letters to partner or other offices;
- To ensure that project vehicles and accessories/tools are clean, safe and in good working condition at all times;
- Minimum O’Level Certificate of Secondary Education (Higher qualifications would be added advantage)
- Clean Class C Driving License
- Minimum 5 years “Professional” defensive driving experience
- Computer literacy to communicate, very essential
- Routing vehicle mechanic knowledge may be added advantage.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel outside Ibadan to various locations throughout Nigeria.
- English fluency (oral and written) and fluency in local language will be an added advantage.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Letters of application and CVs of interested candidates should be received no later than the above mentioned closing date.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com with the title of the “position” indicated in the application and the subject line of the e-mail.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2017.