The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria. Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Laboratory Technician
Job Reference: QLT/02/2017
Department: Quality & Sustainability
- The Quality Laboratory Technician reports to the Process Control Manager in the Plant. The role comprises supporting Brand protection and food safety through implementation and assurance of compliance to all company specified standards, to support plant packaging and raw material management program.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Implementation and monitoring of all laboratory checks to CCH and/or Coca Cola standards and frequency including raw materials
- Conduct Quality checks as per Quality Plan as and when required, responsible for the administration of all chemical and/or microbiological requirements. Ability to input all data to SAP.
- Detention of all non-conforming product, analysis of same, generation of and implementation of outcome, and reporting of each to the Plant Manager.
- Implementation of corrective actions generated from day-to-day activities including Quality results, consumer complaints, microbiological trends etc.
- Manage continuous improvement projects relating to Quality.
- Support development and execution of plant Calibration program.
- Generate Statistical Process Control Studies.
- Contribute to the development of the Coca Cola Quality System.
- Conduct audits as per schedule & sustainability requirements.
- Conduct all continuous improvement initiatives relating to the Sustainability function as & when required.
- Conduct all duties relating to this role as and when required.
- Assurance of the effective activation of all activities required to deliver the required standards of the plant hygiene program through the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the compliance to the plant microbiological program.
- Generation and timely submission of all reports and documents as required by management, including stock control, corrective action report generation.
- HACCP program support.
- Reporting / Analysis of QA Technician compliance to the PCM.
- Manage line raw material and ingredient trial process.
Desired Candidate Profile
- HND / B.Sc in Food Science and Technology or Applied Sciences. 3 to 5 years experience in the FMCG Sector, and atleast 6 months experience within a food/drinks production environment.
- Influencing skills.
- Previous experience of Quality risk analysis/management.
- Experience of working in a microbiological laboratory.
- Statistical Process Control Trained.
- Knowledge of HACCP Principles
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work 3 shift pattern
- Work unsupervised within a team environment
- Problem solving ability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st February, 2017.