Workforce Management Centre (WFMC) – Our client, a reputable Real Estate Company is seeking applications to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Professional Quantity Surveyor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- To maximise project margin and add value to the various projects by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
- To drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
- To carry out monthly financial reviews (CVR’s) on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- Handover on winning a contract, usually through meetings with the estimators.
- Checking the tender documentation and any irregularities or discrepancies to be brought to the team’s attention.
- Delegating copying of drawings to site managers and relevant subcontractors using an issue sheet or variation order.
- Dealing with correspondence and instructions.
- Dealing with all the project costs.
- Reconciliations to be undertaken every month on each project.
- Forecasts should be undertaken on each project every month.
- Payment to Sub-contractors after agreement of valuations through a payment advice form which is to be given to the accounts department.
- Producing of final accounts.
- Visiting sites and building relationships with site managers.
- Training and development of Assistant Surveyors and Technical Trainees.
- Contractual correspondence to Sub-contractors, Consultants, etc.
- Preparation of Claims documentation if necessary.
- Preparation of cost plans.
- Producing valuations correctly and on time including budgetary valuations and any projected future costs which will involve regular communication with the PQS and/or Architect.
- Keeping of diary for due payments, raising of Invoices and chasing of monies due in conjunction with the Accounts Department.
- Technically qualified in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management.
- Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience within the real estate industry.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrable experience in EPC contracts.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused.
- Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels of seniority from the workface through to Senior Management level.
- ‘Can do’ attitude to work
- Kindly indicate “Professional Quantity Surveyor” as subject of the mail.
- Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 28th February, 2017.