Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Project Overview and Role
- The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
- The Maternal, New-born and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
- He/She will assist with incoming telephone calls, distribution of mails and general deliveries in a timely manner.
- The Office Assistant maintains office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies and equipment; picking-up and delivering items; receiving and serving guest and as well managing the store.
- He/She will greet and offer general assistance to staff and visitors in a professional, friendly, and courteous manner.
- In addition, he or she will serve as a resource to staff regarding general office information, maintaining logs and files, assisting with secretarial duties, and providing information on meeting locations.
- Receives all incoming calls and visitors and directing them accordingly or attending to their needs or appointment requirements.
- Maintains and distributes the MNCH2 internal telephone list.
- Ensures that all messages and mails are forwarded to the relevant staff.
- Provides a general office support function by performing various office duties when requested, e.g. filing, stock taking, and arranging transport.
- Receives and sends all documents via courier services and maintain appropriate registers.
- Monitoring of stationery levels ensuring regularly used items are kept in stock while at the same time ensuring stationery levels are economically low.
- Responsible for the appearance of the reception area.
- Logs all telephone/extension problems.
- Logs all problems for repairs with various stakeholders.
- Assists in sourcing quotations for procurement.
- Assists in planning and providing support for meetings and other special events.
- Assists various MNCH2 with data entry needs.
- Light typing and secretarial duties as required.
- Coordinates/controls distribution and issuing of stationery
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Collecting and filing stationery request forms from staff members prior to issuing of stationery.
- Accepts and logs all deliveries, checks auto notification and verifies that contact was notified and package was picked up.
- Ensures that all common copiers and printers in the office are full of paper at the start of each day.
Requirements & Qualification
- A Bachelors Degree in Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of two years relevant administrative experience in supporting work group.
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential.
- Strong PC skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet research and database use.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook desirable.
- Ability to interact with professionals at all levels located in different parts of the world
- Knowledge of DFID and other similar organizations.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to carry out independent work, to take initiative, and to use good judgment.
In Return We Offer
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly ?make a difference?
- A competitive salary with benefits
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 3rd March, 2017.