Capricorn Digital Limited, a fast growing distribution and solutions company is seeking applications to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- The financial controller is responsible for the efforts and results of the financial department. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regards to all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure.
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments, Income Tax etc.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as FIRS
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or a related field;
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- 5-7 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a Prominent Accounting Firm or FMCG, Payment Solution, Telecommunication, ICT industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Have outstanding mathematical skills
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods
- Strong experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, variance analysis, managerial finance, financial statements, and financial modelling
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- PC proficiency and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, Google and ERP accounting application is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject.
ApplicationDeadline: 11th March, 2017.