Greenlight Planet is looking for a Senior Associate to join its Human Resources Management team in West Africa. The Senior Associate- Human Resources will work closely with the HR team in West Africa to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in the region.
Job Title: Senior Associate, Human Resources (Nigeria)
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Recruitment of staff across a range of professional levels from associates to senior team leaders within defined Service Level Agreements and budgets.
- On-boarding and induction of new employees
- Working with the HR Manager, Africa to drive a strong performance culture amongst the West Africa teams
- Handling employee grievances amicably and within reasonable timelines
- Ensuring HR policies are up to date and accessible to all staff
- Attending disciplinary hearings and ensuring disciplinary procedures are followed in line with company policy and relevant legislation
- Ensuring privacy of employee data and maintain up to date personnel files
- Providing timely payroll inputs for processing
- Actively participating in HR projects aimed towards delivering the HR agenda
- Delivering excellent information through weekly and/or monthly HR reports
- Office administration- Oversee administrative functions to ensure seamless operation of a busy office. This will include:
- Contracting and managing vendors to ensure proper service delivery
- Coordinate timely payments to service providers
- Ordering office supplies and equipment;
- Ensuring the office is clean and presentable always
- Coordinating office repairs
- Ensuring compliance with local council regulations e.g. servicing fire extinguishers, renewal of business permits and other relevant licenses
- Monitoring office lamps stock- placing orders from the warehouse; keeping track of demo lights; and managing in-house sales to Greenlight Planet staff
- Working with high-travel team members to arrange flight bookings, taxi and hotel reservations
- Managing work permit and entry visa applications for staff
- Organising and coordinating office events such as product launches, Christmas parties and staff birthdays
The ideal candidate:
- Is excited about joining a fast growing, entrepreneurial and innovative environment with an opportunity to build teams, local HR practices and policies
- Has 2-3 years of HR generalist experience, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management.
- Is comfortable and experienced working in a multi-cultural environment
- Has strong communication skills with excellent planning and project management ability
- Is a solutions-oriented self-starter; comfortable taking on substantial work with limited oversight
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply