Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kids items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience!
Jumia is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Talent Management
- The Head, Talent Management will lead the development, coordination, and execution of initiatives that build Jumia’s talent capability and enhance organization functioning which will involve a range of Talent Management projects including: leadership and high potential development, succession planning, career management, and interventions to improve team and organization effectiveness.
- Guide and consult with leaders and HR business partners to develop talent and succession plans, leads organizational talent review process, career paths, and development plans for high potential.
- Measure program/process effectiveness and scalability of talent management programs by using continuous feedback loops and mechanisms to identify gaps and recommend scalable solutions.
- Provide corporate leaders with support, communication, training and coordination of talent programs (i.e. engagement, performance development, goal planning, organizational talent review, career pathing).
- Develop and maintains strong competency models and ensures strong linkage of talent management programs to overall business initiatives and human resources programs.
- Define and develop career ladders for all functions, consult with managers to expand and formalize job families and documented career paths.
- Support hiring managers to continuously reduce time to fill by proactively identifying internal candidate leads.
- Develop succession planning strategies and integrate executive searches to align with succession plans and talent gaps.
- Act as a thought partner on strategy and planning of Jumias talent agenda
- Develop alternative labor strategies and recommendations (e.g. outsourced, contingent workforce) in coordination with Recruiting leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power point) tools and Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively to senior executives
- Excellent presentation skills
- Aptitude in recruiting senior executive and managers including competent interviewing skills and working knowledge of online selection materials
- Ability to maximize use of social media as a recruitment tool
- Broad network base and ability to manage same in sourcing for top level executives within a given time frame
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, prioritize tasks under pressure
- Ability to proactively initiate and manage projects aimed at managing the talents and tackling performance related issues.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Law, Psychology or any relevant field from a recognized and accredited University
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in management within human resources and demonstrated deep experience in fostering organizational effectiveness and employee development
- Past experience and demonstrated results utilizing assessment instruments/surveys to improve leadership effectiveness (e.g. 360 assessment tools), team effectiveness and organization effectiveness.
- The right candidate will have a track record of project management from conception and design through implementation, measurement and continuous improvement
- CIPM, CIPD, HRCI Certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and results in the field of Leadership Development and/or Talent Management, including experience with Talent Ratings systems, Leadership Development program design and execution, and succession planning
- Experience overseeing and executing cross-organizational talent development opportunities, such as role-switching, job shadowing, informational interviewing, and internal coaching and mentoring
- Proven experience in leading or facilitating organization development, with a focus on process consulting / action learning methodologies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply