Diageo is still a relatively young company – we have only existed in our current form since 1997- but our brands and our business have a rich heritage. our earliest ancestor company formed in 1749, is Justerini & Brooks – wine merchants, and blenders of the famous J&B whisky range. 10 years after that, in 1759 Arthur Guinness signed the lease on the now world famous St James’s Gate brewery in Dublin, going on to create a globally iconic brand.
Job Title: Head of Procurement – Nigeria
Reports To: Supply Chain Director
- The business environment in Nigeria is becoming increasingly challenging. With the drastic fall in oil prices, exchange rate volatility, scarcity of foreign exchange, increasing sovereign debt and spiraling inflation rates, the economic outlook appears gloomy. Organizations operating in this environment have to creatively devise survival strategies for sustenance. The manufacturing sector is particularly impacted by this market reality.
- Guinness Nigeria in service of Diageo’s performance ambition to be the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world must be at the fore front of mitigating the impact of the current economic uncertainties.
- Sourcing of raw materials and services is a big enabler for survival. The Procurement Director is responsible for all procurement spend within Guinness Nigeria. The post holder is expected to deliver significant profit growth and added value to the business through professional procurement practices, increased local sourcing, strategic sourcing and development of the current supply base whilst maintaining existing services and quality parameters.
- This will require firsthand knowledge and experience in comprehensive category management and implementation of supplier performance management systems.
- In addition to owning and managing the procurement strategy within Guinness Nigeria, post holder will also be expected to significantly input and contribute to the overall Africa procurement agenda.
Purpose of Role
- Own and develop the procurement strategy for Guinness Nigeria and deliver savings projects to agreed company targets.
- To implement purchase to pay systems and processes within a SAP operating environment
- To support the Africa procurement leadership in the delivery of the global procurement
- To deliver profit growth through management of cost and delivery of procurement savings
- To contribute to the development of the Africa procurement agenda
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- To develop and deliver the ongoing procurement strategy for the group with a focus on improving locally sourced Raw materials
- To manage, develop and coach all the reports to build a high performing team
- To develop a supply base capable of supporting the group’s growth agenda
- Deliver ongoing savings on total spend net of inflation while maintaining flat costs
- To maintain and improve current quality and service levels to all stakeholders within the group
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree educated, in addition, a recognized professional procurement accreditation
- Minimum 10 years procurement experience in a blue chip FMCG environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills to build and maintain a high performing team in a culturally sensitive environment and across multiple sites
- Proven track record of delivery in challenging business environments
- Ability to engage and influence a wide range of senior stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of world class procurement systems processes and practices
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with significant evidence of savings and value delivery
- Sound commercial awareness and the ability to contribute to the wider business process outside immediate functional responsibilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply