GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world’s largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response, logistical support, mobile security, close protection, training and risk management.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: PSD Team Leader
Req Id 66924
Job Type: Contractor, GW Consulting Middle East Limited
Rotation: 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off, subject to operational requirements
Duration of Task: Open Ended
- The purpose of the security personnel provided by Consultant to Company is to provide a presence that may help to reduce the risk of damage to Companys facilities or injury to Companys personnel in connection with Companys security program. Personnel are to maintain a presence, to observe and, if appropriate, attempt to cover and evacuate in the event of an incident.
- Team Leader should be able to work in isolation at reach with the client. The post is demanding and requires a diplomatic touch, confidence, sense of humour, chatty individual capable of balancing the security demands for Nigerian staff, expat staff/visiting delegates and local security agencies. The applicant should expect that no day is ever the same and plenty of variety in role.
Duties may include:
- Conduct duties as Team Leader of Mobile Security Team.
- Protect clients, company employees and assets within leaving and working premises also during mobile security missions outside of secured areas.
- Command and control of the PSD, to ensure team members are adequately informed, skilled, equipped and supervised to conduct their duties safely, in compliance with GOI rules and regulations, GardaWorld policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain operational oversight and control and delivery of monthly training to the team.
- Remain patient and flexible at all times to the client’s needs without compromising safety.
- Gather and analyse information / intelligence required for the planning, rehearsal and safe execution of a PSD mission.
- Submit on time, the required documentation for the approval of PSD missions according to GardaWorld SOPs and GOI rules and regulations.
- Build and develop client relationship to achieve mutually agreed goals.
- Ensure that GardaWorld Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed at all times.
- Liaise; meet with the client in the appropriate manner.
- Report all incidents according to GardaWorld and GOI rules and regulations, policy and SOPs.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise PSD members, and influence then to take positive action and accountability for their work.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Accurately compile and submit according to set deadlines, the required PSD reports and returns
- Plan, coordinate and execute the day to day team administration and training.
- Maintain a high standard of welfare, morale and discipline in the team.
- When on contract the staff member must be fully operational on a 24/7 basis, ready to respond to any kind of emergency / threat
- Other duties as assigned by the Project TL or RD Nigeria
- Assist the Team Leader to maintain control over company assets including vehicles, weapons and other sensitive equipment.
- Produce security briefings to team members and clients
- Comply with company and clients policies and regulations.
- Produce clear written and verbal reports
- Accounts Payable, Consulting, Manager, Risk Management, Compliance, Finance, Technology, Management, Legal
- Travel pay is one half of the On-Duty rate for day(s) spent travelling from the contractor’s country of residence to the place of work (max of 2 days) and on return to the country of residence (max of 2 days).
- GardaWorld will provide the Independent Contractor with appropriate accommodation, insurance, and life support.
- Full life support is based from the Abuja client villa, operating across all northern states in Nigeria
- Flights MAY be offered for the initial rotation only by GardaWorld – SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION. Thereafter the Client will be responsible for all other flights.
- Further information can be found in the GardaWorld Contractor Travel SOI, copy will provided upon acceptance
- English speaking expatriate.
- Military or law enforcement service,
- Experience as a Team Leader within a hostile enviroment
- Nigeria experience preferable and across the northern states of Nigeria
- Must have following skill sets;
- Communication equipment and voice procedure.
- Navigation and map reading skills and the use of GPS.
- Basic infantry tactics
- Must have report writing experience
- Must have experience in writing security plans and conducting Site Vulnerability Assessments
- Must have team management experience, including journey management planning
- Project management experience is an asset
- Experience in the training of multi-national personnel.
- Proven IT skills in all Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow instructions
- Prepared to travel in country and as required by the Client and GardaWorld
- Should have relevant experience in an arduous or challenging area
- In date FPOS-I qualification or above; and
- To have attended and passed an accredited CP course
- Physically fit and smartly presented.
- GardaWorld will offer competitive day rate, Contractor will not be reimbursed whilst off-duty (Contractor will only be paid whilst On-Duty only). Some tax may be payable locally to those hired in Nigeria
- For further information about GardaWorld please follow link: www.garda.com/ips
- Any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
- Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 20th February, 2017.