The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – ICLA Training Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
In the coming year, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. In addition, NRC will start the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) programme; this is a protection programme that aims to assist people affected by displacement resolve housing, land and property disputes as well as assisting clients with civil documentation (identify documents, birth certificates etc.) problems.
NRC is therefore seeking for Project Coordinator – ICLA Training Specialist in Maiduguri, Nigeria for 2017. The Project Coordinator – ICLA Training Specialist Maiduguri reports to the ICLA Programme Development Manager based in Maiduguri.
- Adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines and procedure
- Ensure that program training targets the correct audience in line with project proposals.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Responsible for development and managing funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management and coordination of capacity building activities under ICLA
- Ensure capacity building of all project staff and transfer key skills
- Develop partnerships in the humanitarian community and coordinate with relevant authorities to design solutions to identified problems
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, ICLA tools, handbooks and guidelines
- In consultation and coordination with the Program Development Manager, develop context specific ICLA training materials for HLP including materials for information dissemination and visibility.
- Design context specific training materials including modules and information dissemination material for Identity documentation
- Contribute towards expansion of and strengthening of NRC’s network of relevant stakeholders in all operational areas
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities through development of training reporting procedures to feed into GORs and monthly reports on activities and progress
- Ensure that NRC’s training activities are guided by and effectively abide by the humanitarian principles
- Carry out any other duties as delegated by the Line Manager/Area Manager
- Support training activities for different audiences under the ICLA Programme
- Adapt and contextualize global training materials based on lessons learnt and evolving context, in a participatory manner
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector
- Experience in facilitation of seminars and capacity building initiatives
- Experience in developing context specific training materials modules
- Excellent command in Microsoft Applications
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in working independently in a results-oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of the displacement context in Nigeria
- Experience with start-up program activities
- Proven skills in transfer of training skills, Training of trainers
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulani Languages is an added advantage
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Knowledge on Housing, Land and Property and Identity Documentation concepts
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: 12 Months (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Please notice that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please note that to apply at NRC is FREE!!!
- NRC does not ask for money or any form of favour for submission of application or employment.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter, copy of a valid means of national identification (Passport, Driver’s license, National Identity card or voter’s card) and updated CV’s to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position (Project Coordinator – ICLA Training Specialist Maiduguri) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Application Deadline: 27th February, 2017.