Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, health and emergency programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel and Fleet Manager
Reference Number: 200217
- The position of the Travel and Fleet Manager is to manage all logistical tasks (transportation, air tickets and accommodation) related to staff movement ranging from International visitors and in-country trips.
- This position amongst others will specifically ensure travel is well organized for all in-country visits, visitors coming from overseas, and that the fleet of the country program and sub-offices is managed at its optimum in compliance with CRS standards.
Managing the movement of staff:
- On a weekly basis, secure travel movements from the programming teams and other departments.
- Ensure proper travel coordination between visitors and the focal point from the programming or support department.
- Submit to the Country Representative and Deputy Country, Representative/Operations and Security Manager every week (Monday) a list of all external visitors to the country program, indicating their program host, dates of arrival and departure, local telephone number, and in-country travel itinerary including hotels in which they will be staying.
- Ensure the Security Manager is aware of all external visits to the country program and a time is set aside for security briefings.
- Ensure that accommodation is available for visitors at either Guest Houses or at Hotels that have been security cleared by CRS. CRS staff and visitors are only permitted to stay at CRS security cleared hotels. If more hotels are required, ensure the Security Manager performs security assessments before they are used for staff and visitors.
- Ensure all travel to Security Zone III, such as the Northeast have the required authorizations to travel.
- Supervise the Travel specialist and the Fleet Officer to ensure he/she provides all needed support to the visitors and to all staff travelling within the Country Program (CP).
- In collaboration with the Facilities and Protocols Manager, ensure that the Guest Houses are always clean and equipped with standard items such as bed sheets, bath towels, soap, plates and cooking items, active internet and basic TV channels to include CNN or BBC.
- Lead in the coordination of providing support for road travels within the country office and the sub-offices.
- Ensure all visitors visiting field offices that security focal points are aware of their arrival and will conduct context specific security briefings.
- Ensure that there is a smooth travel process from receipt of staff travel requisition to securing price comparisons from approved travel agencies, liaise with travel agencies to submit timely invoices and facilitate timely payment in collaboration with the Finance team
- Develop fleet management strategy to support mandate & program objectives of the organization.
- Use the vehicle Management Toolkit, a compendium of resources designed to support high quality management of CRS’ fleet, for maintaining the high level standards as released by the agency.
- Manage the country programs vehicle acquisition and disposition plan
- Ensure that the vehicles assignment plan is produced and published on daily basis.
- Ensure that vehicles are in good conditions, respecting all CRS standards, have all needed equipment and enough fuel.
- Ensure that the CRS standard vehicle logs are filled, processed and review the monthly VMS vehicle report benchmark to detect any irregularity on vehicle usage.
- Ensure all irregularity of vehicle usage is promptly communicated to the Head of Operations and DCR/Operations.
- Ensure that the service contracts for fueling of vehicles are well managed ensuring that there is sufficient fuel for the CP operations
- Ensure that there is an effective system for managing fuel use. Maintain transparent reports on fuel movements and conduct regular spot checks to verify information contained in the reports
- Approve the fuel bonds submitted by the Fleet Officer and perform the reconciliation in collaboration with Finance team.
- Ensure that specifications for vehicles, equipment, supplies and materials, are developed for keeping our fleet on the high level of standards;
- Participate in assessing the out-source service before CRS signs the contract, following their performance for giving recommendations if CRS wills continue or will stop the contract with them.
- Collaborate with the Procurement Manager in the identification of potential Spare parts vendors and Auto repairs vendors and negotiate prices for repairs and or the purchase of spare parts.
- Ensure that the fleet officer is working with the Security Manager for tracking the vehicles on field and generate a weekly report to share with the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure that the same standards for managing the fleet are applied in all sub-offices;
- Ensure that CRS obtains and maintains annual inspections by regulatory authorities or in line with contractual obligations from counter-parties
- Ensure that daily inspections are conducted on all vehicles
- Ensure that defensive driving training and local safety meetings are conducted by the fleet officer on regular basis.
- Oversee assigned fleet’s operations and make direct reports to the Senior Supply Chain Manager on fleet performance and other operational requirements
- Coordinate vehicle concerns and issues reports, the replacement plan and discuss it with the Senior Supply Chain Manager for any future decision on fleet.
- Ensure that all drivers of CRS vehicles are approved to drive the vehicles, trained in defensive driving, have valid driving licenses and are in good health for driving.
- Ensure that all vehicles have required minimum insurance and registration are renewed on
Human Resource and budget:
- Ensure that timesheets for the travel and fleet management department are accurate and submitted on time.
- Ensure that overtime to be charged to different projects respects the approved procedures;
- Ensure that the Performance plan, coaching, self-evaluation, are done in compliance with CRS policy.
- Ensure that proper orientations are provided for new staff, defensive driving training conducted on a regular basis for all CRS approved drivers and other needed training to ensure that the fleet unit staff maintains high performing standards. Such orientation also includes security and behavior when on CRS business.
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to disciplinary procedures and drivers’ orientation program
- Plan, organize and manage the work of supervisees to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Support Program staff in the projections of vehicle-related expenses for new grant /proposal budgets where applicable
- Participate in the monthly resource Meeting and contribute in the quarterly forecasting and annual program planning exercise by providing necessary projections for fleet related costs.
- Supervise the Travel specialist and the fleet Officer.
- Nigerian Nationals Preferred.
- The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number 200217.
- Equal Opportunity:“CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- Statement of Commitment to Protection:‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
Application Deadline: 6th March, 2017.